- Leigh Bardugo – Leigh Bardugo writes excellent morally gray characters, from the villain in her first series (who is my favorite villain of all time), to her main characters in the Six of Crows duology. There are only two books by her that I haven’t read, though I do own them and plan to read them soon.
- Cassandra Clare – Cassandra Clare writes the Shadowhunter Chronicles, which is a world that I love. Her characters aren’t the best I’ve ever read about, but I can’t get enough of the world. (And the characters do get better with each series she writes about, which is great.) She will likely be one of my auto-buy authors for years until the Shadowhunters Chronicles are finished.
- Sarah J. Maas – This one is interesting because I buy all of Sarah J. Mass’s books, but I don’t love them. There are several books by her that I’ve enjoyed, though they are more annoying than enjoyable. Still, I keep buying and reading all of them.
- V.E. Schwab – I’ve only read this author’s Adult books (she publishes Young Adult books under the name Victoria Schwab), and I haven’t loved any of them. However, her stories are easy to read and I like her as a person, so I keep buying and reading her books.
- Amanda Foody – This is another case of liking the author as a person. I haven’t read either of her two books yet, though her new book, Ace of Shades, just came out and I plan to read it in either April or May. Once I read that, I will figure out for sure if Foody is going to keep being one of my auto-buy authors.
Are there any Sci-Fi or Fantasy authors who are on your auto-buy list? If so, who are they?