Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. This week’s topic is Ideal Mash-Ups. This refers to existing pieces of entertainment that are paired up to explain the concept of another product. An example of that would be “Star Wars meets The Hunger Games.”
- Anastasia + Furyborn = A story of an orphan with no memories who discovers she has powers that could save the world or end it.
- Glee + The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo = A story that explores the path and hardships of becoming the most famous singer of a generation.
- The Diviners + Sense8 = A group of people with supernatural abilities are linked to each other and have to solve a murder mystery before it’s too late.
- Lie to Me + Six of Crows = A group of morally gray people use psychology to solve murders while also causing chaos around the city.
- Stranger Things + The Shadowhunters Chronicles = People with supernatural abilities are sucked into a different dimension and have to fight demons in order to survive and return home.
That’s it for my ideal mash-ups! These are probably not the main things I’d like to see in a book, movie or TV show; I completely forgot everything I might like while coming up with this list. But the things I could come up with would be really fun to read/watch. What is your ideal mash-up?