I recently talked about the three books I wanted to read this semester, but I’ve since gotten rid of two of those books and the list is different now. So today, I’m going to do an updated version of that list, albeit for the entirety of 2018 instead of only this semester.
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand // Two women, separated by a millennia, possess the powers prophesied to belong only to the Sun Queen, a queen of light and salvation, and the Blood Queen, a queen of destruction.
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo // Six criminals face the aftermath of attempting to pull off an impossible heist.
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare // A family of demon hunters tries to prevent a war between Nephilim and half-demon creatures.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard // A witch with the ability to tell truth from lie is on the run from enemies who wish to use her power for their personal gain.
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray // Diviners (people with special powers) must protect New York City from a mysterious sleeping sickness that may be linked to their own powers.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas // A Beauty and the Beast retelling about a woman who is taken for murdering a wolf that turned out to be a faerie.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir // A slave and a soldier try to survive in a Roman Empire-inspired fantasy world.
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody // A young woman must travel to the City of Sin to find her missing parent.
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May // A hunter of the fae seeks to save the world and avenge her mother’s murder.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor // A young librarian sets out on an adventure to find the lost city of Weep.
That’s my updated list of books I want to read in 2018! I’ve owned many of them (items 2-7) for years and want to read them before I stop being excited about them. Starting in May, I will only (or mostly) be reading books from this list; all other books need to wait until I finally get through these ones, which are the ones I am most likely to enjoy. We’ll see if this list goes better than the last one!